2. How do online slots work?
Online slots work in exactly the same way as their old fashioned, physical slot (or fruit) machine counterparts - just like those you used to find in pubs or amusements.
- You deposit your play fee.
- Pull the virtual arm or press the button and watch the wheel spin.
- Align the symbols in what’s called the payline to win a cash prize.
If they’re not quite aligned, you can use your skills to nudge and hold the symbols until you make the match.
Slots are completely random with each spin, so the skill comes from knowing when to stick and when to twist.
3. What are paylines?
As we mentioned above, paylines are when you align the symbols on the reels in winning combinations. Just think of that classic slot machine image of the three reels of cherries lined up horizontally.
Of course, these days, the symbols vary a little bit more, especially online and lines don’t always have to be perfectly horizontal. And remember that different payline symbols can mean different prize amounts.
The more paylines an online slot has, the more chance you stand of winning.
4. What is a bonus feature?
Some slots will have bonus symbols or paylines. These features mean that when you line them up in a winning combination, you can increase your winnings or go through to special bonus rounds where you can play cash games to win more money.
What you need to remember about bonus features:
- Different slot machines have different bonus features and cash games.
- The rules for winning are slightly different each time.
- The more you play a game, the more you start to understand how the bonus features work.
- It’s here where players can win some really big prizes.