How to Play Bingo Online
There are many popular bingo variants, foremost among them 5-Line Bingo, Bingo Roulette, 52-5-Ball Bingo, 75 Ball Bingo, and 90 Ball Bingo. Each of these bingo games is unique. In the United Kingdom, its 90 Ball Bingo that rules the roost. One of the reasons why bingo is a universally loved game is its simplicity. Anyone can play bingo online, with no special knowledge or abilities required. Online bingo is geared towards players of all skill levels; whether you’re a bingo greenhorn, or an experienced player – it’s just as easy to play and win with online bingo. Let’s take a look at the different types of online bingo games available at leading bingo rooms:
- 5-Line Bingo – this exciting variant of the game plays on a 5 x 5 bingo grid with 25 numbers. The centre square contains a random number. The grid contains horizontal lines known as rows, and vertical lines known as columns. From the left to the right, there are groups of numbers designated into each column. The leftmost column contains numbers 1 – 15. It is the ‘B’ column. Next in line is the ‘I’ column with numbers 16 – 30. This is followed by ‘N’, with numbers 31-45. ‘G’ contains numbers 46-60, and the final column on the rightmost column is the ‘O’ column. This contains numbers 61-75. Players have many different ways to win prizes, including 1 Line, 2 Lines, 3 Lines, 4 Lines, or 5 Lines. Once 5 lines are completed, that’s the entire bingo grid. It’s known as a Full House.
- Bingo Roulette – as its namesake suggests, Bingo Roulette features Roulette numbers. A total of 5 random numbers from a standard European Roulette wheel is included on the bingo ticket. You win once you complete all of the numbers, and form a Full House.
- 52-5-Ball Bingo – this game is also known as Flash Fives Bingo. It’s a mix of 75 Ball Bingo and 90 Ball Bingo. Instead of using traditional bingo balls, a standard 52 card deck is used with the following cards: Ace, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Jack, Queen, King. The only way to win is by completing a Full House – that’s all 5 Matching Cards.
- 75 Ball Bingo – this popular bingo variant is the game of choice for online bingo players in North America. It plays out on a 5 x 5 bingo card with 5 rows and 5 columns. The centre square is a blank space, and gifted to players when forming winning combinations. Players must complete a pre-selected pattern (4 corners, shapes, letters, patterns) in order to win a prize. The letters B-I-N-G-O are prominently displayed at the top of each column from left to right. B contains numbers 1-15, I includes numbers 16-30, N includes numbers 31-45, G numbers range from 46-60, and O includes number 61-75.
- 90 Ball Bingo – the game of choice for players in the UK. 90 Ball Bingo games are played on a 9 x 3 bingo ticket. That means there are 9 rows and 3 columns. In each row, there are 4 blank boxes and 5 numbers. There are only 15 bingo numbers on every ticket. Players win by completing 1 line, 2 lines, or 3 lines – otherwise known as a Full House.
When you’re learning how to play bingo online, it’s a good idea to start with one game at a time. That way, you can master the rules of play, and become a bingo aficionado at your chosen bingo room.
How to Play Bingo Online: 75 Ball Bingo
Now that you know how to play 75 ball bingo, let’s take a look at how this game plays out at an online bingo room:
- Buy at least one 75 ball bingo ticket. At leading online bingo rooms, it’s possible to buy as many as 96 online bingo tickets for 75 ball bingo games.
- The price per bingo ticket is prominently displayed on screen, alongside the information bar, and the purchase panel.
- Various customisation features are available, allowing you to automatically select cards, or manually select cards at your leisure.
- The option to purchase bingo cards requires that you have funds in your account. The cashier will display your available balance.
- With virtual cards in hand, you will be required to wait for a game to begin. Luckily, you can easily see when games are scheduled to begin by glancing at the countdown timer.
- It’s best to play 75 ball bingo games when there are fewer players competing for the prize.
- Online bingo games can automatically mark the numbers on your bingo cards for you. This is known as auto daubing. You can manually mark the numbers if you prefer.
- As soon as you have completed a winning pattern, the online bingo game pauses briefly to inform other players. Your winnings will also be announced.
- With online bingo, you don’t need to worry about game interruptions, or disconnects. Your information is stored on the server, so all winning tickets will be paid out regardless.
How to Play Bingo Online: 90 Ball Bingo
Now that you know how to play 90 ball bingo, let’s take a look at how this game plays out at an online bingo room:
- You begin by depositing funds into your online bingo account. This can be done through the cashier.
- Now, you can purchase your online bingo tickets at the bingo room. 90 ball bingo games are always played on strips. These contain 6 bingo tickets each.
- The minimum required purchase amount is 1 ticket per 90 ball bingo game. The maximum number of tickets you can buy is 96 which equates to 16 strips of 6 tickets per strip.
- You will notice that there are 9 x 3 grid formats with 90 ball bingo. Each row has 5 numbers from 1 through 90, and 4 blank spaces. You win by completing 1 line, 2 lines, or 3 lines (Full House) on each bingo ticket.
- Online bingo games commence every couple of minutes, so there’s no need to wait interminably for games to start up.
- The bingo caller a.k.a. computer will announce 1 number at a time through the RNG system. It’s the random number generator system which randomly selects numbers.
- Each number can only be chosen once, and then it is removed from the game.
- Winning bingo tickets include any 1 line, any 2 lines, and a Full House (three lines).
- There are 3 ways to form a single line, 3 ways to form 2 lines, and just 1 way to form all 3 lines.
- Players can adjust settings according to personal preferences, with autodaub functionality, 3 to go (3TG), price, alerts, and best card first display selections.
- If you form a winning pattern in 90 ball bingo, the game will stop for a short time and announce your achievement. Details of your payouts will also be announced.
- If at any time the game disconnects, the gaming platform will automatically play for you, and complete any winning numbers that you have formed. Winners will be paid out accordingly.
Benefits of Playing Bingo Online
Online bingo games offer many value-added benefits over traditional bingo games. For starters, players don’t need to leave home to play bingo games online. But, you’re more than welcome to play bingo on the go with mobile bingo games. These are readily available to players on Android and iOS devices. The convenience of being able to play bingo online anywhere, at any time is certainly a big plus point. Online bingo does not require players to travel to land-based bingo halls on a Sunday afternoon – you can play online bingo seven days a week with games scheduled around-the-clock.
Online bingo games are cheap, with penny bingo games readily available to players too. You can simply login to your online bingo room, and enjoy scheduled bingo games at your convenience. One of the lesser-known benefits is the social scene available to online bingo players. That’s right! Online bingo rooms are filled with fanfare and with players communicating with one another in real time via chat functionality. There are bingo blogs to follow, and lots of fun and games with bingo callers too. Much like land-based bingo, there are additional benefits available to players such as cognitive strengthening, relaxation, and attention to detail (focus activities).
Summary of How to Play Bingo Online
The expert guide on how to play bingo online recommends that players follow these steps:
- Choose your preferred online bingo game. Next, be sure that you understand the rules of play.
- Fund your online bingo account with sufficient £s to ensure that you have enough money to play online bingo games.
- Choose an online bingo room and bingo ticket prices that meet your budget Purchase a minimum of 1 ticket, and a maximum of 96 tickets per game. Only buy the number of tickets that you can afford, and the number of bingo cards you can manage.
- Play online bingo games when the jackpot prizes are high and the number of players is low. That way, you stand a better chance of winning.
- Use Autodaub functionality to allow the in-game mechanic to match your bingo numbers for you, or you are welcome to use manual daubing to do-it-yourself.
- Remember, in 90 ball bingo you can win by forming 1 line, 2 lines, or 3 lines (Full House). Prizes increase as you advance from 1 line to 3 lines.
- In 75 ball bingo games, players must complete winning patterns, as defined at the beginning of the game.
That’s the quintessential guide on how to play bingo online. Naturally, there are many different online bingo games to play, besides for 75 ball bingo and 90 ball bingo. You can enjoy Swedish bingo, 52-5 bingo, progressive jackpot bingo, penny bingo, bingo roulette, and other variants at your leisure.